Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Antlers

I stole the set list of The Antlers concert at the Paradise...

Peter Silberman: Vocals and Guitar



"Hospice," the first album of The Antlers, consists of songs that Peter Silberman wrote of a terminally-ill patient that he had an intimate relationship with in a hospice. All the lyrics are devoted to this one patient and are truly exceptional; they portray Silberman's emotional and abusive relationship with her and simultaneously showing his phenomenal talent. His vocals suit the lyrics perfectly. "Hospice" was voted #1 album by NPR and #37 best album of 2009. Though I may be experiencing the typical holy-shmoly wow that was insane in the membrane post-concert feelings, I can surely say that was one of the best performances I have seen. When they played, "Wake" as their last song during the encore, all I was thinking was, "this is my happy place, this is my happy place!" Two thumbs up, P.S.

and P.S. P.S., I <3 you.